New Share Offer – 8th March 2016
(THIS SHARE OFFER IS NOW CLOSED – THANK YOU FOR LOOKING)
REPOWERBalcombe is to add two new Schools and 100kWp PV solar to the Co-operative
In 2015 REPOWERBalcombe installed 45kWp of solar photovoltaics (PV), at Grange Farm, Turners Hill School and Balcombe School.
Last September the Government announced the end of Pre-Registration, giving just 3 weeks notice to the community energy sector but thankfully REPOWERBalcombe managed to successfully pre-register two further local schools and we are now building on our successes of last year by launching a new share offer to raise £110,000 for the installation of 100 kWp of solar PV at these schools.
Crawley Down Village Church of England School is a primary school located around ten miles to the north of Balcombe. We plan to install 49.92kWp of solar PV and anticipate that the school will use approximate 80% of the electricity generated, while the rest will be fed into the national grid.
Imberhorne School is a secondary school and sixth form in East Grinstead. We plan to install 49.92kWp at the school and anticipate that the school will use approximate 75% of the electricity generated, while the rest will be fed into the national grid.
We are excited to work with these schools who are at the heart of their communities and to provide an educational opportunity to the pupils. We are inviting you to invest in REPOWERBalcombe to fund the solar PV installations at these two primary schools. Investing in this share offer will enable you to:
- Support a local business financially and promote renewable, sustainable energy usage.
- Generate renewable energy, helping tackle energy security.
- Support sustainable development within our community.
- Fund the installation of solar PV panels that can be used as an education resource for local children.
- Reduce carbon emissions and create a blueprint for sustainable electricity generation in other communities.
- Receive an attractive and fair return on your investment, anticipated to be 5%.
This share offer will close when fully subscribed or on 25th March 2016 (although the directors may choose to extend the date).
We hope you will join us in this exciting opportunity to invest to repower our community.